The Social Services department is located at 2726 Mission Rancheria Rd, Lakeport, Ca. Building #2. We are directly behind the Tribal office. The Social Services Dept. works closely with other local agencies to bring awareness to our Tribal Community. We also work together to bring activities and workshops for our families.
Some of the services that are offered in our Social Services building are:
• Informational brochures- related to family law, stop-smoking support, domestic violence, community food banks, and other local resources.
• Violence against Women- services for victims of domestic violence; advocacy, emergency response, peer counseling, referrals, and other supportive services.
• California Indian Tobacco Education- weekly support groups for our youth on Fridays, Girls Group, Boys Group, and then a combo group.
• Library Services- resource computer, wide variety of children’s books, chapter books for youth and adults, National Geographic’s, and most importantly Native American books.
• Clothes Closet- We also have a small clothes closet for families in need of clothing and or shoes.
• ICWA- provides assistance for families who have come in contact with Child Protective Services and or the judicial system. The goal is to keep families together and provide services that will strengthen families.
• Elder’s Care- limited transportation in county for medical, grocery shopping, utility payments, and other meetings as needed.
We are also currently working on providing:
• Men’s Support group- Once it is set up we will provide flyers to the community.
• Parenting Workshops- facilitated by Tribal Health staff.
• Youth Talking Circles
Also, a friendly reminder for everyone of the other services that are offered through Social Services and ICWA: Court accompaniment, referrals for county services, county aid applications, IEP meetings, SARB meetings, and family maintenance meetings. If you have any questions please feel free to call us.
Tribes are still short on homes that can receive children who need to be placed. If anyone is interested and would like more information on becoming an eligible Tribal home please give me a call.
Social Services Director/ ICWA Coordinator
(707) 263-3924 ext. 110